Monday, July 5, 2021

Wine Review: Riondo Prosecco Rosé - Recipe: Rosé Sangria

Let me begin with ... I SURVIVED!  

  • New store manager.  
  • New store manager rules.  
  • Employee hours being cut.  
  • And let's not forget, new managers just don't know what to do with me.  Other TFM's and grocery stores, don't have anyone who does what I do.

Sooooo, to celebrate that I'm still a TFM employee, I had to open a bottle of bubbles.  Although I don't need a reason to open bubbles, this seemed to call for it.

I've shyed away from Riondo Prosecco for a while.  Only because the price had increased signifcantly and La Marca was less expensive.  (FYI - this is no longer the case as La Marca has gone up significanly.)  But, Riondo has a NEW Prosecco Rosé.


This is from Italy and has lots and lots of enjoyable bubbles.  Refreshing.  Perfect for summer.  TFM price $12.99.

*****

Rosé Sangria
1 bottle (750ml) Rosé
1 c. POM pomegranate juice
2/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 to 3 large lemons)
1/3 to ½ c. granulated sugar*
½ c. triple sec
½ c. brandy
12 strawberries, sliced (stems removed)

Add sugar and lemon juice to large pitcher. Stir to dissolve sugar.  Add remaining ingredients.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.  Serve over ice with some of the macerated strawberries.

* Adjust the sugar based on the flavor of your Rosé.  (The Rosé I used was bitter and required more sugar.)

I adapted this from Ina Garten's Rosé Sangria; a light, summery Sangria.  So why did I alter her recipe ... 
     1. She added water and for me that was just diluting the wine.  
     2. Superfine sugar measures more than granulated sugar and I didn't want this to be too sweet. 
     3. The Rosé I used - Chateau Ste. Michelle's Rosé was bitter and I had to mask that flavor.  

Have to tell you, this is addictive. Also, the strawberries give the flavor a nice strawberry note. DELICIOUS if I do say so myself (and Dave).  

I did prepare this recipe a second time using Sunseeker Rosé.  This was also bitter.  Sugar took care of this and you would never know.

Chateau Ste. Michelle Rosé  - TFM $12.99.

Sunseeker Rosé - TFM $11.99.


No comments:

Post a Comment