Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Wine Review: Austin Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon, NV

Those of you who know me, know I have favorite wineries and favorite regions. Since I'm purchasing wines to review, you are subject to the wines that meet my favorite criteria.  I'm not into indepth reviews.  I have more fun disecting the flavors and notes on my palate. (Gotta love the swirling and sipping.) Not so much with the bouquet/nose and legs.

The wine for this post checks off both criteria for my purchase - favorite winery and favorite region. So here we go ... !!!


Austin Hope Winery - Austin Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon, NV

Wow!  For me this was outstanding and I highly recommend. I will go so far as to say a MUST purchase.

Fruit forward Cassis. As I swirled and sipped I found hints of  dark berries both fresh and baking.  Also prunes. Hint of vanilla and tobacco. Borders on jammy.  Tons of character. Nicely balanced.  Slight hint of tannins but nicely integrated so you don't have to have food making it a nice sipper.  Loooong enjoyable finish.

Great bottle of wine that won't break the bank.  It is non-vintage.  TFM's price is $23.99 and well worth it.  Total Wine has it for $23.49 (TFM finally has a competative price).  Purchase 4 bottles at TFM and get 10% off.

I recommended this to a customer and when he was back in the store shopping and with 2 bottles of this wine in his hand thank me for turning and his wife on to something new.

When I can do my food and wine tastings again, if this is in stock, it will be one of the first wines I open. I have to share it.

AGH!!!! Not being able to do my tastings is killing me.

Winemaker Notes:  Fruit forward Cabernet Sauvignon with aromas of dark fruit, fresh vanilla bean, and hints of coffee.  On the palette, dark fruit flavors are balanced with savory notes black pepper and touch of tobacco.



No comments:

Post a Comment