Friday, June 25, 2021

Wine Review: Knotty Vines Chardonnay, 2018

Blogger has changed for the worse ... I hate that I can no longer incorporate images next to my text.  AGH!!!  But, that's not the point of this post.

I was having a craving King Salmon and Chardonnay ... 

King Salmon poached in butter. 
(Yes, will trade husband.  Some days
will give him away.)


Have to say Knotty Vines 2018 Chardonnay was quite enjoyable and had character.  Petrol and grassy nose.  On the palatte I did taste a hint of pineapple and it had a refreshing green apple tartness giving it a bit of a pucker. Medium body and just short of creamy.  Mild acidity.   This did linger on the palatte for a bit and was tart.  Paired perfectly with my salmon.  Definitley a wine I recommend.  Great price at $12.99.

Winemaker's Notes:  A freshly balanced and flavorful Chardonnay that flaunts vibrant peach, green apple and tropical notes, followed by a lively acidity and rich creamy vanilla finish.  Green apple, tropical peach, mineral, smooth.  Fresh, lively acid balance with sweet green apple, peach, creamy oak.  100% Chardonnay. French oak with weekly battonage.


No comments:

Post a Comment