Sunday, September 22, 2013

Recipes: Bacon Horseradish Dip - Unexpected Company Seafood Spread

Keeping with the theme of Fresh Markets sampling event this weekend, I prepared two recipes where TFM products were the main ingredients.  I thought I prepared enough to get me through three days of tastings, but so not the case. I not only ran out, but ran out before my tastings were over. I'm going in early today to prepare samples for todays event.  I'm guessing running out of food means it tasted good?

One thing my husband hates is when I change a recipe.  I changed this first recipe. (Ooops!  No. Wait.  I changed both recipes this weekend.)  My version of TFM Bacon Horseradish Dip follows.  The original recipe (which is also below) is in the September issue of Fresh Markets Inspirations magazine.  


Original Recipe from TFM's Inspirations magazine.
Bacon Horseradish Dip
1 (12 oz.) pkg. TFM Black 
     Forest Bacon, cooked and 
     chopped
16 oz. sour cream
1 c. mayonnaise
7 scallions, chopped
2 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbl. prepared Horseradish
1 tsp. Tabasco
dash of garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Mix until well blended.  Cover and refridgerate for several hours or overnight. Serve.  

Tasty dip.  Saturuday I prepared little sandwiches - baguette, roast beef and horseradish dip. They didn't last but 30 minutes. Yum! 


*****************


I modified this recipe from an old Old Bay recipe I had.  Using TFM's Seafood Salad made this a quick recipe to prepare.


Unexpected Company Seafood Spread
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 Tbl. TFM Original Cocktail Sauce
1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1/3 c. diced red onion
8 oz. TFM prepared seafood salad

In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, cocktail sauce and Old Bay until smooth.  Stir in onion and seafood salad.  Cover and chill 4 hours or overnight.  Serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment