Sunday, September 8, 2013

Recipes: Tomato Herb Spread with Ciligene - Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Bruschetta - Southwestern Mashed Potatoes

Here are the recipes for yesterdays (September 7th) tasting.  I am thrilled to say, once again, they were a delicious success.  


What can I say?  I saw this jar on the shelf and it called my name.  I added a little basil (my favorite herb) and one clove of garlic.  AMAZING!

Tomato Herb Spread with Ciligene
1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Tomato Herb 
     Bruschetta Spread
1 clove garlic, minced
Fresh Basil, chiffonade, to taste
¾ lb. Celigini, drained

In a small bowl mix Tomato Herb Bruschetta Spread, garlic and basil.  Serve with Celgini.  

Yields:  Approximately 30 appetizers

To die for flavorful!  It's easy to prepare this quick appetizer.  
You can also serve (above recipe) on pasta.  I'd even top the pasta with Parmesan.  

Stonewall Kitchens website has a Bruschetta recipe.  Prepare as directed above (without the Celligini) and put on TFM French Rounds (Original or Garlic Roasted) and top with Parmesan cheese.

I will repeat this for the holidays when I do "Picks & Bites".

For more Stonewall Kitchen recipes using Tomato Herb Bruschetta Spread go to their website.


*****************

New in to Fresh Market is Smithfield Fully Cooked Applewood Bacon.  It's located over by prepared foods above the salads.  This is a non-refrigerated, shelf stable, product.  On the back of the package is the following recipe (actually, it's the way I prepared it):

Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Bruschetta
1 package Smithfield Fully Cooked Applewood Bacon, crispy 
     cooked and crumbled
4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
 c. mixed green lettuce, chopped
3 Tbl. chopped fresh basil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 c. olive oil
½ c. crumbled Feta cheese (or you can use crumbled Blue Cheese)
salt and  pepper to taste
TFM Original French Rounds

Mix all ingredients (except French Rounds) in a small bowl.  Serve with TFM French Rounds.

Customers were in love with this recipe.  A definite keeper for the holidays and one I plan on sampling out again in November/December.

*****************

Last is my dinner side recipe.  My girlfriend Leslie (she and her daughter Lisa have filled in for me at Fresh Market), gave me this.  It is a favorite of my family.  It was a favorite of my customers when I was a Personal Chef.  It was a definite favorite of customers at the Fresh Market yesterday.


Southwestern Ranch Mashed Potatoes
1 lb. TFM Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 oz. sour cream
1 pkg. TFM Ranch Buttermilk Recipe Salad Dressing Mix
3 Hatch Chiles, roasted, peeled, stemmed, seeded, and diced
2 c. shredded New York cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350o.

Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Transfer to an oven safe casserole dish.

Bake in oven until heated through and cheese has melted, approximately 30 to 40  minutes.

Yields:  4 servings

 Additions: Chopped scallion, diced red onion, or chopped, cooked bacon.

 Tip: This recipe freezes and reheats well.  Great to make ahead, freeze, and cook on those busy nights after a long day of work and after school activities.

The Fresh Market Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes are delicious on their own.  However, for a change of pace you can doctor them up with this recipe.  I used 4 Hatch Chiles.  Remember, add more chiles for more heat or fewer for less heat.  You can even omit them all together.  In fact, when I prepare this recipe at home I leave the chiles out of half the batch for my children.


No comments:

Post a Comment