Sunday, October 18, 2015

Recipes: Sweet Heat Jalapeno Cheese Spread - Peppadews Stuffed with Goat Cheese Pesto - Orange Cranberry Marmelade over Brie


I am always looking for a WOW recipe.  If it can't be WOW, then it has to be delicious and eye appealing.  Recipes that fall into neither of those categories never make it to my table, but quickly make it to the trash.  Last weekend, Sweet Heat Jalapeno Cheese Ball, was a customer favorite recipe; it was delicious and eye appealing.  I posted, I'm also thinking instead of a hard goat cheese (Drunkin Goat), use a soft goat cheese.  I'll post the recipe, with the customer consensus, when I sample the new version/spread at the new TFM Grand Opening at the end of the month. Well, I couldn't get the new recipe out of my head and waiting for TFM's Grand Opening ... that was impossible.  So here is the new and improved recipe with customer concensus.


Sweet Heat Jalapeno Cheese Spread
8 oz. TFM cream cheese, softened
10.5 oz. goat cheese, softened
1/3 lb. Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar, shredded
½ c. mayonnaise
½ c. Simply Pickled Sweet Heat Jalapenos, drained and chopped,
            plus extra for garnish

Place all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until thoroughly blended.  Place in a serving bowl. Garnish with 3 Sweet Heat Jalapenos.  Serve with your favorite crackers.

This new version of Sweet Heat Jalapeno Cheese Ball wasn't just WOW.  It was WOW, WOW, WOW.  So many customers enjoyed this. I was thrilled.  All the recipes I had on the table were taken. Comments ranged from "delicious" and "amazing" to "devine".  A few customers wanted to know if we sold it in the store.  It went so far, that when I was not at my table, I was paged to the wine department because the customer had to have the recipe right then and there.  I love it when I play and a recipe comes together.

Oh, and I tried this with smoked almonds and it did nothing to enhance the flavor.  


*****

I found the following recipe in Teatime magazine, Holiday 2015 issue.  This is my version (I changed it to make my preparing it in the store easier).

Peppadews Stuffed with Goat Cheese Pesto
30 Peppadews, drained
10.5 oz. goat cheese, softened  
¼ c. CIBO prepared pesto
2 Tbl. half & half  

In medium  mixing bowl, combine goat cheese, pesto and half and half.  Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth.


Fill peppers with goat cheese mixture.  

Customers enjoyed this and my samples were gone within 1½ hours.  Many customers commented how delicious these were.  I will be doing this again for the holidays, using Stonewall Kitchen's Basil Pesto. Will I change the recipe?  (Hint: I'm thinking about making this a spread.)

Here is Teatime's original recipe:

Stuffed Peppadews 
24 Peppadews, drained
8 oz. goat cheese, softened
¼ c. prepared pesto
2 Tbl. heavy whipping cream
Garnish: fresh basil leaves

In medium  mixing bowl, combine goat cheese, pesto and cream.  Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth.

Fill peppers with goat cheese mixture.  Garnish with basil leaves, if desired.


*****

Last, but not least, my "over cheese" offering.  Face it, when you are preparing food, for a crowd, you need a few delicious, quick, no-fuss recipes.  This one fits the bill perfectly.

Orange Cranberry Marmalade over Brie
1 small wheel or wedge of Brie
1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Orange Cranberry Marmalade
¼ c. sliced almonds

Place Brie on serving plate.  Top with Orange Cranberry Marmalade to taste.  Garnish with almonds.

Customers were enjoying as well.  A lot of "delicious" comments. This is a perfect "go to" recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment