Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Recipes: Dillapeno Bloody Mary - Dirty Dillapeno


Yesterday, Tuesday, I sampled Dillapeno over Cream Cheese.  I've sampled this on the weekends, but with different customers shopping on Tuesdays, I had to give them a treat.  As always, sold very well.  But, I digress ...  While preparing the dish, and draining Dillapeno into a container, I pondered, "what can I do with this tasty liquid?"  Bloody Mary!  While sampling Dillapeno and discussing it's many delicious ways to serve I mentioned I was going to try making a Bloody Mary with the reserved juice.  One customer suggested a Dirty Martini.  Fantastic.  When I went home I played.  Here's what I came up with.  I hope you enjoy.

Dillapeno Bloody Mary
¾ c. Vodka
¼ c. Stonewall Kitchen Bloody Mary Mix

4 tsp. Dillapeno juice
Garnishes:
salt
celery stalks
lime wedges

Mix Vodka, bloody mary mix, and Dillapeno juice in a shaker with ice.  Serve in a chilled glass with a salt rim, garnished with a celery stalk and/or lime wedge.  Ice optional.

I did try this with McClures Bloody Mary mix, but Stonewall Kitchen was my preference.  No reason why you can't use your favorite bloody mary mix.  

*************

Dirty Dillapeno
4 oz. Vodka
2 oz. Dillapeno juice
2 Tbl. Vermouth
Garnish:  pickled jalapeno

Mix Vodka, Vermouth and Dillapeno juice in a shaker with ice.  Serve in a chilled glass.  Garnish with pickled jalapeno.

I'm not a Dirty Martini person, but this I LOVED.

2/2/15 - Smither Family Kitchen has included my Dirty Dillapeno recipe on their website!


No comments:

Post a Comment