Sunday, September 13, 2015

Recipes (Updated 9/14/15, 3:23 PM): Key Lime Hibiscus Mousse with Chocolate Ancho Chili Crumble - Hibiscus, Blood Orange White Wine Spritzer

What a fun weekend.  Friday's tasting was relaxing and I was able to chit-chat and take a couple pictures of my "groupies".  Notice a familiar face in BOTH pictures?




We were all from NY and chatting about where we were from.

Saturday ... not relaxing (but thank God, not like last weekend with crab cake, caviar craziness), but oh so much fun.  Not only did I have my wine, but I sampled Wild Hibiscus Flowers in Syrup.  What a fun product.  It's not only tasty, but sure does get everyone talking and in a happy mood. Puts a smile on your face.

Saturday everyone was complimenting me on my Wild Hibiscus display,



and there were those of you commenting on  my sexy shoes - 



Not only are they sexy and fashionable with my long black slit skirt, but they are very UNcomfortable too,  

Bruce was back in photographer mode as well - 



Yes, it was quite the fun filled Saturday wine and food tasting.

Jenna was getting her Hibiscus on and feeling very creative.  She created two recipes for me that customers loved.  First, 

Hibiscus, Blood Orange White Wine Spritzer
1 bottle Ruffin Orvieto
6 Tbl. TFM European Blood Orange soda
1 jar Wild Hibiscus Flowers in Syrup
¼ c. Wild Hibiscus syrup

With ingredients well chilled, add wine, soda and ¼ cup Wild Hibiscus syrup to a pitcher. Serve in your favorite glasses and garnish each glass with a Wild Hibiscus Flower.


I served this in a small punch bowl and floated a few lemon slices on top.  


I was sampling two cocktails - this and Blueberry Hibiscus Sampler.  I wanted customer feedback on both of them .  Some preferred the spritzer, others the sampler (commenting it was not as sweet), and others liked both.  Personally, I prefer the Spitzer since I'm not a fan of blueberry juice.


After a little bit of playing with her food, and sampling by my trusty TFM Taste Testers, Jenna had her second creation.  This was THE talk of the table - "amazing", "delicious", "awesome".  One gentleman commented, "Whoever made this should be put in jail. It's delicious."


Key Lime Hibiscus Mousse with Chocolate Ancho Chili Crumble

16 oz. cream cheese, softened
16 oz. mascarpone, softened
6 Tbl.  Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice
2 Tbl. lime zest
1 tsp. Ancho Chili powder
1 c. heavy cream
1 jar Wild Hibiscus Flowers in Syrup

Topping: 

1½ Tbl. brown sugar
8 Moravian Chocolate Dipped Artisan cookies, crushed
1¼ tsp. ancho chili powder
1½ tsp. lime zest

In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and mascarpone.  Add Key Lime juice, lime zest and Ancho Chili powder. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.  Set aside.


In small mixing bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.  Fold into cream cheese mixture until thoroughly incorporated.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.


While mousse is setting, prepare topping.  Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.


When ready to serve, spoon mousse into a serving bowl or wine glass.  Drizzle with Hibiscus syrup and sprinkle with topping.  Garnish with  a Wild Hibiscus Flower.


Servings: 6 to 8 


Another way to serve this  would be a parfait.  I would drizzle syrup down the sides of a glass.  Then layer - mousse, chocolate ancho topping, chopped Hibiscus flower, mousse, topping, whole Hibiscus flower to finish.  I'm off to the TFM's in Newport News, VA Beach and Norfolk next week.  I think I'll do the parfait as a display.  If I do, I'll update this post with a picture.  Oh, and in case you're wondering ... sorry, I won't be doing a wine tasting next weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment