Thursday, August 22, 2019

Recipes: Sofrito Mussels and Roasted Garlic Aioli - Gnar Gnar Guac - Five Bean Salad - (Anita's) Mussels with Pasta

You ever have one of those days ...

I can say this past Saturday was NOT one of those days for me. Sampling...Chatting...More sampling...More chatting... No clock watching for me.  When I found out it was time to go, I was shocked.

Let's face it,  I was pouring wine TFM was discontinuing.  It was discounted, PLUS an additional 20% off!!!  I was sampling the PERFECT combination of Sofrito Mussels and Roasted Garlic Aioli.  PLUS I had the PERFECT Chardonnay to pair with it.  Why wouldn't time fly when I'm having fun?!


Recipe #1. TFM Corporate required sampling.  CUSTOMER FAVORITE.  

  
Sofrito Mussels and Roasted Garlic Aioli
1 can Patagonia Provisions Lemon Sofrito Mussels
1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Basil Pesto Aioli
1 clam shell TFM Original French rounds

Spread Basil Pesto on (one side) French round.  Top with a mussel. Drizzle with a touch of oil from the can.


For sampling, I chopped the can of mussels and served as above.  You could do this, but leaving the mussels whole makes a great little presentation.


Saturday I poured Miner Chardonnay.  Talk about FANTASTIC pairing. Creamy.  Touch of lemon.  Acidity smoothed out.  Hint of Sofrito.  This was a happy accident!

*****



Eden Foods kindly sent me their recipe booklet Favorite Recipes.  I prepared 2 recipes from it.  Both delicious and customer favorites.





TFM has a limited selection of Eden products ... okay, let's just say all they have are Eden's beans.  For this first recipe I had the perfect substitute for Eden Sauerkraut.

Gnar Gnar Guac
2 avocados, pitted and peeled
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. fresh lime juice
Kosher salt, to taste
1 c. Gnar Gnar Sauerkraut
1 small tomato, seeded and diced

Place avocados, garlic, lime juice and salt in a small mixing  bowl.  Mash until smooth (use fork or potato masher).  Mix in sauerkraut and tomato.  Place in serving bowl and serve with your favorite chips.

If you are preparing this ahead of time, place a piece of plastic wrap over bowl and make sure it completely touches the surface of the guacamole.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.


Eden Food's recipe in booklet


When customers saw there was sauerkraut in the recipe, they were skeptical.  BUT after tasting, they were pleasantly surprised.  Quite a delicious combination.  Also, Gnar Gnar Sauerkraut has all the seasonings one could want.  Easy recipe.


Gnar Gnar Sauerkraut can be found in the dairy section.

*****

Eden' Foods next recipe was their Five Bean Salad.  Another hit with customers.  




The only change I made was:  3 Tbl. pure maple syrup and NO Barley Malt Syrup (TFM does not have).


*****


Whole mussels will look so much prettier.


Lastly, I'll share my Mussels with Pasta recipe.  I had a bit of leftover chopped mussels and decided to take them home to "play".   I will say, much to YOUR dismay, I did not measure a dang thing.  I'm leaving it to you to be creative and it's to your taste.



(Anita's) Mussles with Pasta
10 cheese ravioli or ¼ lb. pasta (one that will hold the sauce)
1 can Matiz Espana Mussels in Oil and Vinegar
4 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. olive oil
fresh lemon juice
fresh basil, chiffonade
salt and pepper, to taste

Cook ravioli, or pasta, according to package directions.  

While pasta is cooking, in small sauté pan, heat olive oil then add garlic.  Sauté until lightly golden brown.  Remove from heat.  Add mussels, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  Return to heat and toss until warm.  Season with salt and pepper.  

In bowl/or pasta pot, add pasta, tomato and mussel mixture.  Toss to coat evenly.  Remove to serving bowl and garnish with basil.




No comments:

Post a Comment