Sunday, August 23, 2015

Recipes: Crockpot Crook Barbecue Chicken


The following recipe is from Big House Wines website.  For my Wine Tasting Tuesday (Aug. 18th) I was pouring Big House Red and Crockpot Crook Barbecue Chicken paired with it.  Since Tuesday  was Chuck and Cluck I thought the recipe was only fitting.  I prepared it for my family Friday.  I'm happy to say it was a hit with them.  If you have prepared it, please let me know what you thought of it.

Crockpot Crook Barbecue Chicken
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1½ c. tomato ketchup
1¾ Tbl. soy sauce
1 Tbl. cider vinegar
2¾ Tbl. brown sugar
1½ Tbl. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. ground hot red pepper flakes (to taste)
3 garlic cloves, minced or ½ tsp. garlic powder

Combine all ingredients for the sauce in the slow cooker.  Add chicken, coating it well with the sauce.  Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked.  Remove chicken and shred.  Place it back in the barbecue sauce in the pot, mixing to allow all of the chicken pieces to be coated with the sauce.  Serve on buns.

I did make changes when I prepared this.  
  • I added 2 chicken thighs (I like dark meat.)
  • 2 Tbl. soy sauce  (¾ tablespoon?  I wasn't up for mental math.)
  • 3 Tbl. brown sugar (Again, ¾ tablespoon?)
  • Cooked in 250o oven for 3 hours.  (I like low-and-slow in the oven.)
  • I used 3 cloves garlic, pressed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment