Sunday, August 2, 2015

Recipes: Greek Feta, Olive and Orzo Salad


It was a crazy Friday and Saturday with my wine tasting; busy with spurts of quiet, and I don't do quiet well.  The busy times I enjoyed chatting with everyone and loved watching everyone chatting with each other.  It was great!

CHEERS!
Sandra, Pat and I (Photo by Bruce.  Sandra's husband.)

I had an assortment of cookies from Salem Baking on my side table.  On my wine table I had the one recipe I prepared this weekend.  

Greek Feta, Olive and Orzo Salad
1 lb. TFM Lemon Orzo Salad
½ lb. TFM (Delallo) Salad Bar 
     Greek Feta Olives
3 – 4 Tbl. pine nuts

Place Lemon Orzo Salad in a large mixing bowl. If there are grape tomatoes, slice into quarters.

Cut olives in half, lengthwise, and any large pieces of Feta.  Place in bowl with Orzo.  Add pine nuts to taste. Toss gently.  Serve.

Yields: 4 to 6 servings

Note:  TFM's Lemon Orzo Salad is dressed with oil and also has grape tomatoes and basil.  You do want to add these to the mixing bowl.  Greek Feta Olives also has an oil dressing.  When you purchase it from the salad bar drain it best you can with the serving spoon.  Any accumulated oils, when you prepare the salad, you want to add.

TFM's Lemon Orzo Salad also has pine nuts.  I added more for two reasons: 1. After adding the Greek Feta Olives the ratio of pine nuts to salad was off.  2. I wanted the crunch.

If you are going to prepare this the night before serving, add pine nuts before you serve.  Leave them in the salad over night and they lose their crunch.

Customers could not get enough of this salad.  A number of customers commented that they purchase TFM's Lemon Orzo and this salad was better than that.  Another sampling where I kept hearing, "I'll just have one more."  Greek Feta, Olive and Orzo Salad is not only delicious, but oh, so easy to prepare.



No comments:

Post a Comment